Even in the era of the “paperless office,” there are still plenty of industries that rely heavily on printed outputs. These businesses often struggle with the costs and complexities of printing, from paper and toner consumption to print policy enforcement and even environmental sustainability. Effective print management is essential for promoting a cost-efficient and waste-free office environment.
Certain software solutions, such as PaperCut, can help your company tackle these and other pain points. Read on to find out what this copy and print output management solution has to offer for your office.
Benefits of Using PaperCut
PaperCut offers a low-cost solution for managing the way users print, copy, fax, and scan documents and other materials throughout the office environment. It’s worth noting the myriad of benefits that this specific software solutions offers, such as:
- Improved Cost Control – PaperCut makes it easier to manage printing costs, giving you the ability to monitor or even charge users for every document produced—a great option for universities looking to control costs or law firms seeking an easy client billing solution. For office settings, you can predetermine print quotas on individual users, specific groups, or entire departments to lower overall printing costs.
- Simple Deployment and Scalability – PaperCut relies on a simple installation wizard that automatically detects printers and other multifunction devices on your network, making the installation process faster and easier. This software solution can also be scaled up to meet nearly any fleet size.
- Effective Management – Browser-based administration and an intuitive user interface make it easier to manage users from any network location. End users also have their own set of web tools available for viewing account balances and recent transactions.
- Reduced Waste – By promoting more efficient printing processes, this software solution can help your business cut its power usage, reducing overhead costs, and encouraging responsible printing company-wide.
- Improved Policy Enforcement – PaperCut intercepts printing requests at the print server, making it easier to enforce waste-saving policies and boost more efficient printer usage.
- Provisions for BYOD and Mobile Printing – With more offices embracing BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policies, compatibility issues can overwhelm even the savviest of IT staff. PaperCut works regardless of operating system, printer brand, or file format, allowing nearly any device to be integrated into the printing process.
If you’re in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area, contact Digital Office Products today to learn how software solutions, specifically PaperCut, can benefit your office.