The modern workplace is driven by advanced technology that helps create efficient and productive workflows for many tasks around the office. Today’s printers and copiers are no exception to these advancements. These devices can carry out a variety of essential tasks that many businesses rely on to get through day-to-day activities. Remote monitoring is one of those technological advancements to modern printers that businesses all across the Washington, D.C. Metro Area are taking advantage of to improve the efficiency of their print workflows.
What is Remote Monitoring?
Remote monitoring allows the needs of your printers and copiers to be addressed and accessed without the need for any on-site actions from your employees. With a remote monitoring program, your copier will be monitored off-site by your service provider. Monitoring efforts will focus on function, output, toner use, and any warning or error messages.
Here are a handful of functions that can be handled remotely:
- Service issues are diagnosed
- Toner can be ordered when levels are low
- Meter reads are reported
- Diagnostic issues are addressed
- Detailed usage reports are created
Benefits of Remote Monitoring
- Decrease spending. Small- to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are always looking for ways to decrease spending. Remote monitoring will help you better track and order your print supplies to ensure that no overspending occurs on unnecessary supplies.
- Reduce downtime. Remote monitoring will help you catch issues before they arise. If a problem does occur, remote monitoring may be able to fix the device without the hassle of after-hours or on-site repair calls.
- Proactive maintenance. A proactive approach to taking care of your devices will help extend the lifespan of your printers and copiers.
- Improve efficiency. Data usage reports will help point out inefficiencies in your print workflows. Making a few adjustments here and there can make a major impact on the efficiency of your print workflows.
- Increase your security efforts. The proper security of output devices is a continuous challenge for the modern business. In fact, half of all SMBs in a recent survey reported being targets of a cyberattack. With remote monitoring, the appropriate security patches and updates can easily be applied to your device by your service provider as soon as they are available. Remote monitoring also helps detect unauthorized printing from specific users if this issue occurs.
When it comes to remote monitoring tools for businesses here in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area, DOP SYNC has you covered. This application remotely monitors your toner levels and service alerts, while collecting meter readings automatically. Best of all, this service is free to all DOP customers! To learn more about this remote monitoring program, contact Digital Office Products today.